- Defensa 1170
Built in 1745, the Galería La Candelaria first served as a school for the Jesuits of the Altos of San Telmo. In 1795 it became a hospital, and later a prison for women, before again becoming a school for Jesuits where Jose Hernandez studied. Still later it was made into place for commercial business by the old "Casa Pardo". Today, the gallery is a space dedicated to antiques and art that also offers regional products.